Functional plumbing and hot water are essentials for any home. When something happens to make these unavailable, it can be stressful. Luckily, Foundation Plumbing & Heating is ready to help. Whether you are thinking about replacing your water heater, think you might have a clog, or just need routine maintenance, our expert Emigsville, PA team is there.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from other members of our community!
Signs You Need to Replace Your Water Heater
Not sure if you need to repair your water heater or replace it? We’ve got you covered. Here are some signs that signal your water heater needs replacing:
- It’s Old: Most standard water heaters last about a decade before they need to be replaced. If you are unsure how old your water heater is, you can check the serial number. If the date is not printed close by, you can put the serial number into the manufacturer’s website to find out.
- It’s Loud: As it gets older, a water heater will start to make strange sounds. This is because of sediment that builds up over time at the bottom of the tank. This likely means it is nearing the end and needs to be replaced.
- It’s Rusty: Rust in the water is never good. This means that corrosion is already in your water heater, and now it is seeping into the water. If your water heater is young, a plumber may be able to help. But it is probably more cost-effective to replace the unit.
- It’s Cold: If you can’t make it through a shower without the water running cold, it may be time to look for a replacement. Lack of hot water is a clear sign the heater is failing.
- It’s Leaking: Leaks in a water heater need to be dealt with immediately. If left unchecked, the tank can burst, leading to bigger problems.
If you think your water heater needs replacing, give us a call. Our Emigsville technicians can offer advice on whether you need a new unit and which one is right for your needs.
What Is Clogging Your Pipes and How It Is Fixed
A blockage can happen anywhere. These blockages can come from food, hair, tree roots, waste, grease, small objects, and even certain chemicals. Clogs from these materials can result in sewage backup, gurgling noises, slow drainage, poor water pressure, or a foul odor. If you have seen any of these signs and think you may have a blockage in your system somewhere, our professional team can help. We start by inspecting the system to find the specific problem. Once we have located the blockage, we use either a drain snake or hydro jet to break up the debris and get your pipes flowing again.
Benefits of Routine Plumbing Maintenance
Even if you do not suspect a problem with your plumbing, routine maintenance can still help you get the most out of your system. Routine maintenance by our professional plumbers can lead to:
- Improved Water Quality: Sometimes, rust in the pipes does not come out in the water. This can contaminate your water supply and even cause illness. Bacteria can also grow in pipes, which can also result in contaminated water. Regular maintenance can help identify any contamination before it becomes a serious problem.
- Reduced Water Bills: Slow leaks are the hardest problem to catch. One of the signs of a leak is higher water bills than normal. A routine inspection and maintenance can help catch leaks before they become larger and save you money.
- Better Water Pressure: Undetected water leaks can also affect water pressure within the home. Inspections can help detect these small leaks and get your water pressure back.
- Stronger System: Regular maintenance can keep your system operating efficiently. Time and wear put a strain on the pipes, which weaken them and cause them to burst. Routine inspections from a professional can keep your system healthy for as long as possible.
Looking to make routine care easy? Be sure to ask about our membership plans and enjoy convenient service with honest pricing.
Why Choose Us?
Our Emigsville team of experts offer an efficient and effective solution to your plumbing needs every time. We provide prompt and professional service with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are struggling with plumbing issues or need help with your water heater, give us a call today!
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription