When you think of boilers, do you think of the stories of the past when steam was king and everyone huddled around a small stove in the one-room schoolhouse to keep warm in the harsh New England winters? While this may be an attractive picture, boilers are still very much extant. As with any technology that has been around for generations, the newest version of the boiler would be hardly recognizable to its coal-powered, steam-driven ancestors. Boilers are known to last for a long time and to be very effective in heating any building. As a boiler service company, we here at Foundation Plumbing & Heating know a thing or two about the modern boiler and are here to help keep yours running in top shape.
Looking for heating alternatives for your home? Be sure to ask about our radiant heating installations and enjoy warmth from your feet up!
Signs Your Boiler Needs Repair
In an ideal world, you would have your boiler checked yearly by a professional and it would run for 100 years and never exhibit a problem. Unfortunately, even with routine maintenance, a hard-working appliance such as this will not last forever. There are many signs to look for when you are concerned about whether or not your boiler is going to make it through another winter.
- Noises: Popping, creaking, and growling boilers may be the subject of childhood fears, but can also cause grownup worry. These can indicate that there is something wrong with the heating system.
- Odors: Is there a foul smell coming from around the boiler? This may indicate a leak or some kind of degradation of the pipework.
- Tepid Temps: If the boiler is not heating properly, it can be an indication that something is wrong with the heating apparatus, with the filters, or the gas line (if it is fueled by natural gas or propane).
- Inefficiency/High Heating Costs: If the cost of heating your home suddenly spikes with no relevant drop in temperature outside, your boiler may be pulling more energy than it should.
- Age: How many years has the boiler been keeping the inhabitants of this house toasty warm? Age is a factor not only in the deterioration of the machine but also in the availability of parts on the market.
- No Heat: If the heat does not seem to be working at all, this is a sure sign that something is wrong.
Boiler repair service is well within our wheelhouse. We value our customers and want to work within their budget, so some of these problems may be able to be repaired through replacement parts and routine maintenance. There is a chance, however, that a full replacement is going to be necessary.
Why Consider Replacement?
There are many reasons to choose boiler replacement over mere repair. Foundation Plumbing & Heating is prepared to make your boiler replacement as quick and painless as possible. Here are the reasons we would highly recommend boiler replacement:
- Age of current boiler
- High efficiency of newer models
- Convenience of modern technological advances
- Safety of newer models
Confidence and security in the stability and safety of your home are invaluable. Let us help you choose the right system for you and yours. Contact us today!
Foundation Plumbing & Heating is a multifaceted service company that specializes in keeping your home warm and happy. Our trustworthy and highly trained technicians are there to do it right the first time. Customer satisfaction guaranteed. “We do it all in just one call.”