Not having hot water in Pennsylvania can be a major problem. Harsh winters are even worse when your water heater is leaking or rusting. We at Foundation Plumbing & Heating have offered water heater services for over six years and specialize in installation, replacement, and heater repairs. Whether you need preventative maintenance, advice on what is best for your home, or a complete replacement of your water heater, you can count on our trustworthy technicians to help!
Want to know more about our work? Visit our reviews page to see what other members of our community thought.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Attention
Any repairs or replacements to your water heating system should be completed by a professional. But, homeowners need to recognize the signs that their water heater needs attention. These common signs include:
- No Hot Water: Most homeowners notice this sign right away. A cold shower is not something most of us can ignore and can be the first indication something is wrong with the water heater. Many times, this is caused by problems with the coil inside an electric tank or a burner in a gas water heater.
- Strange or Loud Noises: As the unit heats water, sediment will form and accumulate at the bottom. Once it builds up enough, it may take longer for water to heat up. But in the beginning stages of sediment build-up, there will be a knocking or clanging sound coming from the unit. Having a professional inspection done before the buildup begins affecting the water will save time and costs in the long run.
- Water Leaks: Your water cannot be heated and used if it does not stay in the tank. Water pooling around the tank can lead to significant damage and need to be addressed by a professional immediately.
- Rust Forms: Rust is a sign of corrosion and can indicate a leak will follow soon. Rust can form on the outside of the unit or can even be in your water. If you notice discolored water coming from your faucets, it is likely rust.
If you notice any of these signs within your home, call our trustworthy technicians. We have experience working with gas and electric water heater tanks and will ensure you get the repair or replacement you need.
The Benefits of Water Heater Replacement
If you are constantly repairing the water heater, or the unit is older, it may be time to look at replacing it. There are several benefits to replacing the water heater, including:
- Cost: Newer water heaters are often cheaper than maintaining older ones. An investment in a new water heater can save on repair costs, which can add up under an outdated unit.
- Recovery Rate: If your family has grown over the years, or you find yourself regularly without hot water, it may be time to invest in a new water heater. Newer and larger water heaters will take less time to replenish hot water after it has been used, making sure you never have to take a cold shower again.
- Efficiency: This is the biggest benefit of replacing an outdated water heater with a newer model. As technology has improved, water heaters have become more efficient and more cost-effective.
If you think your home would benefit from a new water heater, call us to come inspect your current system. Our qualified plumbing crew will provide advice on what water heater will suit your needs. And once you have decided what is right for your home, we will install your new water heater for you.
Looking for an energy-efficient alternative? Be sure to ask about our tankless water heaters, and enjoy limitless hot water today!
Our Maintenance Program
Periodic maintenance can make sure your water heater reaches its full potential. Foundation Plumbing & Heating offers a unique preventative maintenance program to ensure your water heater is working properly, saving you money on energy bills. Call us today for more details on our program!
We know it can be hard to find quality water heater services. Here at Foundation Plumbing & Heating, “We Do It All with Just One Call!” As a family-owned and operated company, the York County, PA community is special to us. We pride ourselves on providing quality service with upfront pricing. At Foundation Plumbing & Heating, we want to provide our community with a personal and honest experience.