A toilet is one of those things that absolutely has to work right. A clogged toilet can lead to all sorts of embarrassing and disgusting problems. When your toilet is having troubles, you need someone with experience who can get you fixed up fast. Foundation Plumbing & Heating in York has years of experience dealing with toilet problems. In our time in the industry, there is nothing we haven’t seen. One call to us and we will send out our professional and skilled technicians to quickly see to it that your toilets are functioning and ensure that you never see what you flush again!
Do you have chronic sewer problems? A quick sewer video inspection visit can tell you everything you need to know.
What’s Blocking Your Toilet?
The toilet in your home is one of the most overused and underappreciated fixtures. For years, it is expected to take abuse from things like:
- Tree roots
- Foreign objects like toys or toothbrushes
- Unflushable materials like wipes or feminine products
- Sewer line collapse
- Overwhelmed plumbing lines
- Weak flushing power
When your toilet is acting up, you need it fixed fast. Foundation Plumbing & Heating can troubleshoot the problem and get you fixed up in no time.
How is Clogged Toilet Repair Done?
The first step of fixing a clogged toilet is to figure out the problem. Since toilets are complicated fixtures with connections to your sewer lines, our first step is to determine whether the problem is in the toilet or the sewer line. A sewer line problem will be evident in sewage backing up in other fixtures in the home. The answer to this is usually to clean blockages out of the sewer.
If the problem is isolated to the toilet, a good plunging may be all that is needed. In extreme cases, the toilet may need to be pulled so that a blockage can be removed manually. There are cases where the problem is within the toilet itself. If our technicians determine that to be the case, we will recommend toilet replacement.
If you’re still dealing with toilet clogging, and plumbing clogs in general, old pipes could be to blame. Be sure to ask about our whole-home repiping services to get a long-term solution today!
Tips to Prevent Clogged Toilets
Wouldn’t it be best if you didn’t have to call us in the first place? Here are a few tips to prevent clogged toilets from happening to you:
- Keep the Lid Closed: The lid on the toilet is there for a reason! Open toilets are the perfect place for toys and other household objects to find their way into your plumbing and cause extreme problems.
- Provide a Wastebasket: Items like wipes and feminine products should NEVER be flushed because they don’t break down inside sewer pipes. Discarding them in a trashcan is best.
- Replace Old Sewer Lines: Old sewer lines allow tree roots to penetrate inside and can cause massive clogs. Hydro jetting can remove the roots from the line for some time but they will definitely come back. Upgrading to PVC sewer lines can prevent toilet clogs by ensuring there aren’t’ tree roots inside the line.
- Ensure the Kit is Working: Inside the tank of the toilet is a series of valves. If problems occur in this kit, too little water will be flushed and it won’t allow waste to be properly swept away.
Despite your best efforts, toilet clogs may happen to you. When that happens, call Foundation Plumbing & Heating. Our technicians can ensure that your toilet is back up and running in no time.